Westchester County Hiring for Seasonal Park Rangers $14/hour
Westchester County is now hiring for the positions of 'seasonal park rangers.' Do you have what it takes to be one? In addition to the requirements listed below, you will have to submit an application and if chosen you will have to go through a 121-hour program at the police academy training center.
Here are a few things that you might do on an average day at work:
- assist park users,
- provide information on park rules and procedures
- help in searches for lost children
- perform basic first aid on occasion
- make regular security checks of buildings and facilities.
Here are a few requirements for the job from the Westchestergov.com website:
- be a high school graduate
- be at least 19 years of age
- be a U.S. citizen
- possess a valid New York State driver’s license by the time of appointment.
The starting pay is $14 per hour, but there could be a higher dollar per hour for candidates who have previous experience. What jobs are you thinking about applying for this summer? It is still cold and snowy outside, when is the earliest you have ever applied for a summer job?
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- What is a ‘Kill” & Why Does NY Have So Many of Them?
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- Did One of Your Favorite Businesses Close in 2018?