Timing of Today’s Snowstorm in the Hudson Valley
Snow should start falling in the Hudson Valley later today and will likely impact the evening commute as well as tomorrow morning's drive.
According to Hudson Valley Weather, scattered snow flurries and snow showers will begin after 7 a.m. Wednesday. Steady light snow will fall north of I-84 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m., while snow will starting falling from Northwest to Southeast between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. Snow should taper off from Northwest to Southeast in the region from 12 a.m. and 4 a.m. Thursday.
Snow-covered and icy roadways are likely which will lead to a potentially slick evening commute and potentially slick Thursday morning commute, according to Hudson Valley Weather.
"We just want to emphasize the that as you go further north you're more likely to be on the higher end of the forecast range... as you go further south, snow amounts are likely to be on the lower end of the forecast range," Hudson Valley Weather wrote on Facebook.
The National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Advisory for the Hudson Valley from 3 p.m. Wednesday until 6 a.m. Thursday. The National Weather Service predicts 3 to 5 inches of snow for the region.
- Police Warn About 'Suicide Game' Targeting Young Children
- Timing of Today's Snowstorm in the Hudson Valley
- Man Indicted For Killing Pregnant Hudson Valley Mother of 6
- Beloved Former Hudson Valley Teacher Celebrates 110th Birthday
- Snow Expected to Fall in the Hudson Valley Wednesday, Thursday
- Tree Falls Onto House Injuring Child, Over 20,000 Lose Power
- Prostitution May Soon Be Legal in New York
- New Movie Theater Opens in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Mother Ran Over in Alleged Road-Rage Incident Saved Kids' Lives
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Sexually Abused Step-Daughter