The Community Heroes Project Saturday in Beacon
Are you a veteran or a veteran family member? If so, you can be a part of the Community Heroes Project this Saturday, Aug. 4 from 10 am - 5 pm at the City of Beacon Housing Authority, 1 Forrestal Heights in Beacon. The training is free, but space is limited.
The program will engage and train veterans and military families as volunteer leaders. Trainers will guide veterans and family members in using the leadership skills they already have to address key community issues. The Community Heroes Project will use civic engagement to help veterans and their families reintegrate into their
communities. The goal is to build a pipeline of diverse, talented and skilled individuals who have a commitment to serve. Share your training and knowledge.
Be recognized as a community hero, today and everyday.
For more information about this Saturday's Community Heroes Project in Beacon, visit their website at http://www.uwdor.org/communityheroesproject or call Brian O'Keefe or Emily Sassano at (845) 471-1900 ext. 3129.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash