Sex Offender Moves From New York City to Hudson Valley
Police warned the public after a sex offender moved from New York City to the Hudson Valley.
The Kingston Police Department announced on Wednesday, Edward J. Champion moved from Manhattan to a home on Tremper Avenue in Kingston.
It's unclear why the 32-year-old moved to Kingston, but Champion has ties to Ulster County and lived on Elmendorf Street in Kingston in May 2017.
The Level-2 Sex offender was convicted in 2010 for sexual misconduct, intercourse without consent, of a 23-year-old female in Ulster County. He was sentenced to six months of probation.
- Pickle-Flavored Popcorn Being Sold in Many Hudson Valley Stores
- Hudson Valley City One of '50 Worst Cities to Live In' in U.S.
- Many Protest Drag Queen Story Hour in Hudson Valley
- 150 Acre Hudson Valley Farm With Equestrian Facility is For Sale
- NYSP: 70-Year-Old Tried to Kill Neighbor, Police in Hudson Valley