Serious Crash Closes Taconic Parkway Early Thursday Morning
A serious crash on the southbound side of the Taconic shut down the road for about four hours late Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
Photos of the wreck show just how bad the scene was on the Taconic last night. According to the New York State Police, the motor vehicle crash occurred around 9pm on Wednesday.
Two vehicles were involved in the accident that closed the Taconic south of Exit 54 (US Hwy 44) for several hours. According to troopers, the accident happened in the Town of Pleasant Valley.
A white van was shown with severe damage to the front of the vehicle. The other car was so badly damaged its make and model were not immediately recognized from the photo supplied by the New York State Police.
The Taconic was reopened just before 2am. An investigation into the accident is ongoing.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America