Popular Hudson Valley Museum To Open Doors For Free
The Museum at Bethel Woods Center For the Arts will open its doors for free on Saturday, September 22nd as part of Smithsonian magazine's annual Museum Day.
The theme this year is 'Women Making History' and will honor women in society who have led the way in the arts, sciences, innovation, and culture. Those who have emboldened others to be pioneers will be honored as well.
Bethel has invited a dozen local artists to create works specifically for the event that were inspired by an exhibit on vintage wooden doors called 'Doors to Originality'. The series will be displayed through November.
Museum Day 2017 drew 250,000 Americans to museums and this year is expected to be even bigger. Tickets to the event can be found at Smithsonian.org and will provide access for two people
According to their website, the Bethel Woods Museum presents interactive exhibits, programs and events to celebrate the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival and the decade that it came to represent.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash