Poll: Most New Yorkers Don’t Want to Split the State
Recent initiatives have come up in New York State to split it into different states or regions.
CBS 6 Albany reports that a poll from Siena College looked at if New Yorkers want to split New York State into two states or not. The proposition is to divide New York City, Long Island, Westchester, and Rockland counties as one state, and the remaining 53 counties into another state.
According to CBS 6 Albany, 66% of New Yorkers oppose splitting New York State and 25% support splitting New York State. It is opposed by over three-quarters of Democrats, 56%of independents, and half of Republicans.
This poll was conducted by phone between October 6, 2019, and October 10, 2019. They called 742 registered New York State voters. Do you oppose or support splitting New York State into multiple states? Comment below or on our Facebook to let us know.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash