Police: Teen Placed Neo-Nazi Flyers at Hudson Valley School
A teen is facing felony charges after police say he put up pro-Nazi flyers on the campus of a Hudson Valley college.
On Tuesday, 18-year-old Gunnar Hassard of Oneonta was charged with aggravated harassment, a felony.
On Sunday, during the Jewish celebration of Hanukkah, around 16 posters showing Hitler and swastikas were placed around SUNY Purchase.
The posters which incorporated a swastika and symbols of Nazi Germany were placed all over the Westchester County college including and near the Humanities Building, officials say.
Before an arrest was made Gov. Cuomo issued a statement saying he was "disgusted."
"I am disgusted by the discovery of neo-Nazi material at SUNY Purchase today," Cuomo said. "In New York, we will not tolerate the toxic social dynamic that is spreading like a cancer across the country and fueling hateful material like the neo-Nazi fliers that were found on this campus."I am directing the State Police Hate Crimes Unit to assist in the investigation into these fliers.
Bail was set at $5,000 cash or bond.
- 19 Beloved Hudson Valley Businesses Closed in 2018
- Chance of Snow In Hudson Valley on Thursday
- Police: Teen Placed Neo-Nazi Flyers at Hudson Valley School
- Hudson Valley Officer Dead, 2 Officers Hurt in Home Shooting
- Hudson Valley County Announces Permanent Ban on Plastic Bags
- DA: Hudson Valley Mother Tried to Murder Newborn
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Near Popular Bar
- 13 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors, SLA Says
- Hudson Valley Brothers Arrested for Black Friday Rape, Robbery