Police Say New York Woman Drove Drunk Through Cemetery
An early Sunday morning crash has lead to multiple charges against a young woman from New York state, police say. CBS says police responded to what was described as a "large quantity of debris" on the road in front of the Elmwood Cemetery in Bethlehem, NY.
After an investigation, police say her vehicle went off the roadway, struck a telephone pole and a pillar at the cemetery entrance off 9W, and then crashed into several gravestones. CBS says the woman was seriously injured, and is being treated at a nearby hospital. Her injuries are not said to be life threatening, however.
Police say the woman was intoxicated. CBS says she was arrested and issued citations, and will appear in the Town of Bethlehem Court on March 17. Additional charges could be thrown at her as well.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash