NYS Troopers Pose As Road Workers To Catch Traffic Violaters
The New York State Police has kicked off a new initiative called Operation Hardhat.
According to a Facebook post from the New York State Police, some troops across the state are participating in Operation Hardhat. This is an initiative to patrol active work zones to catch motorists who are violating work zone traffic and vehicle laws. Don't expect to see State Troopers standing next to road workers in uniform, they will be dressed like the construction workers. Can you guess which person in the picture below is actually a State Trooper and not a construction worker?
WBNG reports that over 100 tickets have been given out during this initiative. According to the Facebook post from the New York State Police, the New York State Department of Transportation released a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that was reiterating the importance of moving over in construction zones in New York State.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash