No Plastic Bag Fines in March
They will begin in April.
We are just a few days into the statewide single use plastic bag ban, as it went into effect back on March 1st, and it looks like any stores that continue to offer customers the bags will not be fined until April.
According to News 10, a recently filed lawsuit by a company that manufactures bags and some convenience store owners has convinced the Department of Environmental Conservation to announce that they will not impose any penalties due to the bags in the month of March.
The lawsuit is arguing that the single use bag ban is unconstitutional and because of that the state DEC has agreed to hold off on enforcement as it fights the suit in Albany County Supreme Court.
Once the lawsuit is handled in the courts, the ban will have any vendors that use the single use plastic bags face fines that range from $250 to $500.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash