Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
A missing Hudson Valley woman was found dead in the Hudson River.
Jennifer Kavanaugh, 48, of Piermont was last seen riding her bike near the river off Piermont Pier. After her bike was found near the pier, rescue crews began to search the river.
On Sunday, the Piermont Fire Department's dive team recovered a body believed to be Kavanaugh's in the Hudson River near the Piermont Pier.
Late Sunday, the Piermont Police Department confirmed the body was Kavanagh.
"It is with a heavy heart that The Piermont Police Department is reporting that a missing person case that was filed on Friday, has been resolved," the Piermont Police Department wrote on Facebook. "The body of Jennifer Kavanagh was recovered."
The investigation into the death continues, but police say they don't suspect foul play.
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Really Did See Snow Last Weekend
- Could Creepy Clown Sightings Return to the Hudson Valley?
- Multiple Hudson Valley Stores Closing, Many Likely Laid Off
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
- Shoppers at Popular Hudson Valley Retailer Exposed to Measles
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, College
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder, 25-Year-Old Found Dead
- Bear Leads Police on Wild Chase in Hudson Valley