Popular Hudson Valley BBQ Restaurant Closes
So I was in Red Hook over the weekend and realized the restaurant that I have loved is gone, Max's Memphis BBQ. Yes, the building is there, I still have my memories, but the proprietors have closed up shop.
I knew that the restaurant had re-opened after the fire that took place in December, but seeing the sign of the building caused me to pause and remember the many BBQ sandwiches, the sausages, brisket and of course the margaritas.
So where is there BBQ in the Hudson Valley that one might visit, good for us there are many great places, here are just a few:
- Hickory BBQ, Route 28 Kingston
- Billy Bob's BBQ, near Vassar College, Poughkeepsie
- Billy Joe's Ribworks, Waterfront Newburgh
- Smoky Rock BBQ, Rhinebeck
- Big Ws Roadside Bar-B-Q, Wingdale
- Brian's Backyard BBQ, Middletown
- Round UP, Cold Spring
Where do you go for BBQ? Do you like it St Louis style, Memphis style? Mopped or dry-rubbed? Do you have a restaurant that you love, that has closed that you wish would re-open?