Man Caught Driving 145 mph on Route 17 in Middletown
Police say a man traveling through Orange County drove 80mph over the limit.
A driver was clocked doing 145 in a 65mph zone in the middle of the day on Friday. According to State Police, A 2009 Dodge Challenger was caught speeding on the westbound side of State Route 17 near exit 122 just after 10am. The driver zoomed right past the trooper, who was sitting in his patrol car at the u-turn.
After confirming the speed by radar, the trooper followed the car as it exited the highway and headed to Route 17K. The driver, Jeremy J. Vanleuvan, was eventually stopped while headed west on the highway. The 23-year-old is from Wanaque, NJ and has been charged with speeding 145 in a 65mph zone, Reckless Endangerment in the 2nd degree and Reckless Driving.
Vanleuvan was issued a ticket to appear at the Town of Wallkill Court on March 13.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash