Local Woman In Hot Water After Allegedly Going For Joy Ride in Police Car
Yeah, this probably wasn't the best idea.
Mid Hudson News is reporting that a 29 year-old Chester woman allegedly hopped into a marked police vehicle and lead officials on a multi-town chase early Tuesday morning.
Perhaps she didn't realize police cruisers are equipped with a GPS to prevent such a thing from happening?
The whole getaway started with a call to the EconoLodge on Route 32 in New Windsor with a complaint for disorderly adults, according to MH News. While officers were distracted with the investigation, the woman allegedly made her move and took off in one of the cruisers for her own little sightseeing excursion.
From there she'd lead police through New Windsor, the Town of Newburgh, and finally into Plattekill, where the chase ended near Route 32. Police caught up, with the help of the GPS unit, and made the arrest.
Mid Hudson News says the woman has been charged with with grand larceny and driving while ability impaired by drugs.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash