July 23 Is Extra Epic
Today is July 23rd and it's a special day for various reasons.
Today is National Gorgeous Grandma Day. It's also National Vanilla Ice Cream Day.
Also on July 23rd:
- 1850 17th Postmaster General: Nathan K Hall of NY takes office
- 1904 Ice cream cone created during St Louis World Fair - the 1st cone reputedly by Charles E.
- 1955 NY Yankees Bob Cerv and E Howard are 1st to hit consecutive pinch HRs
- 1994 Don Mattingly becomes 6th NY Yankee to get 2,000 hits
- 2015 NASA's Kepler mission announces discovery of the most Earth-like planet yet - Kepler-452b, 1,400 light years from Earth
Today is also the day that a great woman was born.....my wife.
I kept telling her that great things happened on that day before she was even born....like the whole Ice Cream Cone thing.
She usually celebrates for the whole week and with it being on a Tuesday, says she technically gets 2 weekends.
Take the whole rest of the month.
Enjoy your day honey. If you celebrate with her today, make it epic.