Is New York State The Happiest?
As a state, are we happy?
Well, according to the numbers we are.
WalletHub did a ton of research to find what state was the happiest in the good old U.S. of A. Naturally, New York isn't sitting pretty at number 1. No, that spot goes to Hawaii. New York came in at number 15, which isn't too bad.
We can assume that Hawaii is number 1 because of its beautiful beaches and delicious pineapples, but it's a little deeper than that. WalletHub looked into three specific fields to determine the happiness of each state. They are as follows:
1) Emotional & Physical Well-Being
2) Work Environment
3) Community & Environment
The methodology breaks those fields down into sub categories. For instance, Emotional and physical well-being factored in adults feeling active and productive, suicide rate and childhood experiences.
Other data found that New York came in 2nd place for the lowest volunteer rate and is in the state with the lowest suicide rate.
For more details on why and how New York became the 15th happiest state check out WalletHub.Com.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash