Hudson Valley Motorcyclist Dies After Hitting NY Corrections Van
A Hudson Valley man is dead and at least five people were injured following a crash involving a motorcycle and a State Corrections van.
Ulster County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a report of a motorcycle versus van serious personal injury automobile accident on Wednesday just before 8 a.m. on Route 209 near the intersection with Wynkoop Road in the Town of Hurley.
According to police, a 2005 Dodge Magnum was rear-ended by a State Corrections van when the Dodge slowed down to make a left-hand turn from Route 209 onto Wyknoop Road.
In an effort to avoid the collision, 51-year-old Timothy Bruck of Accord lost control of his motorcycle and hit the back of the van, police say. Bruck was found unconscious and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two correction officers and two adult male inmates who were in the State Corrections van and the driver of the Dodge, a 65-year-old woman from Kingston, were all taken to health Alliance – Broadway Campus with minor injuries, according to the Ulster County Sheriff's Office.
- Hudson Valley McDonald's Responds to Alleged Expensive Scam
- Multiple Bears Spotted in Hudson Valley Backyard
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Stealing Money From Charity
- NYSCOPBA: 6 Hudson Valley Officers Injured When 40 Inmates Attack
- Hudson Valley Motorcyclist Dies After Hitting NY Corrections Van
- 16 Reasons Why Newburgh Isn't the Worst City in New York State
- Beloved Puppy Dies After Going to Lower Hudson Valley PetSmart
- Hudson Valley Man Dies in Lawnmower Crash, Brother Very Hurt
- Large Reward Offered After Video of Cat Murder Circulates
- Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Mother of 7 Killed in Crash
- Woman Shot Near Hudson Valley Church