Hudson Valley Man Stars in Queen Film, ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
A Hudson Valley man landed one of the featured roles in the upcoming movie about the band Queen, "Bohemian Rhapsody."
Dutchess County resident Joe Mazzello plays Queen bass guitarist John Deacon in the film which will hit theaters on Nov. 2.
Mazzello was born in Rhinebeck and raised in Hyde Park. He was featured in the original Jurassic Park in 1993.
"The wait is over! Very excited to be able to make this public, and humbled by the opportunity, Joe Mazzello wrote on Facebook. "I feel a great responsibility to John Deacon, Queen, and their fans. I'll try and make you all proud."
According to IMDB, the movie will chronicle the years leading up to Queen's legendary appearance at the 1985 Live Aid concert. Emmy winner Rami Malek, best known for his role on the hit TV series "Mr. Robot," stars as Freddie Mercury.
On Wednesday, the official trailer was released, its a trailer that will likely, well, Rock You.
- Over 468,000 Gallons of Raw Sewage Spills into the Hudson River
- Police: Hudson Valley Kids Participating in 'BB Gun War'
- Hudson Valley Contractor Defrauded Many Customers
- Resorts World Catskills Failing to Bring in Predicted Revenue
- Hudson Valley Teen Makes Professional Baseball Debut
- 2 Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crashes, Others Injured
- Hudson Valley Prostitution Stings Leads to 14 Charged
- Officials Try to Eliminate Giant 'Horror Plant' in Hudson Valley
- Humongous Snake Falls On Top of Sleeping New York Man
- Woman Arrested After Hudson Valley Pot Farm Fire, Police Say