Hudson Valley Man Sexually Touched Young Girl, Police Say
A Hudson Valley man is accused of having sexual contact with a girl younger than 11.
The New York State Police Troop F Child Abuse Unit in conjunction with the Orange and Sullivan County Child Protective Services announced the arrest of 26-year-old Matthew Hassenmayer from Wurtsboro for first-degree criminal sex act, first-degree sexual abuse, possession of obscene performance of a child and endangering the welfare of a child.
An investigation determined that Hassenmayer had sexual contact with a girl under the age of 11, police say.
Hassenmayer was arrested at the State Police Barracks in Wurtsboro and arraigned in the Town of Mamakating Court. He was remanded to Sullivan County Jail in Lieu of $100, 000 bail. He’s due back in court on May 11.
- Man Accused of Continually Sexually Assaulting Child in Dutchess County
- 20-Year-Old Seriously Injured Walking Near Local College
- Former Hudson River Psychiatric Center Fire Needed 1 Million Gallons of Water to Extinguish
- Poughkeepsie Police Looking for Missing Teen
- Wanted Hudson Valley Sex Offender Found
In honor of Cinco de Mayo we learned the the correct way to cut open up an avocado.