Hudson Valley Eaters Name the Best Chicken Wing Maker
The results are in, and the Hudson Valley has officially decided who makes the best chicken wing.
On Saturday night the Orange County Fair Arena in Middletown was an orgy of chicken wings, as food lovers from all over the Hudson Valley assembled to celebrate America's favorite food.
Chicken wings all start out basically the same. The drum or flat is quickly deep fried so the inside remains moist, while the skin cooks to a crisp and crunchy consistency. It's after the wing is cooked, however, that the artistry begins. That plain old wing can be transformed into something sweet, something savory or something screaming hot as it's slathered with a unique combination of sauces and spice.
Wing lovers tasted a huge variety of chicken wings at this year's Hudson Valley Wing Wars and cast their votes for their favorites in several categories. Here are the official results:
- Grand Champion - Clemson Brothers- Everything Bagel
- Runner Up - Scotchtown Craft - Maple Bacon
- Bud Light Peoples Choice Award - Quinnz Pinz - French Toast
- Best BBQ - Spacey Tracey - Hot Island BBQ
- Best Buffalo - Clemson Brothers - Truffalo
- Most Exotic - Quinnz Pinz - Sweet Heat With A Twist
- Most Creative - The Bee Tavern - Sweet Asian
- Hottest Wing - AJ Cafe - Euthanasia
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash