Hudson Valley Couple Vanishes on Vacation
A search is underway after a Hudson Valley couple disappeared during a romantic vacation in the Dominican Republic.
Orlando Moore and girlfriend Portia Ravenelle left the Hudson Valley for vacation in the D.R. in late March. The couple was supposed to return him to Mount Vernon on March 27.
Weeks later, family and friends say they aren't answering their phones and their car is still parked Newark Liberty International Airport. Friends on Facebook say foul play is suspected.
Authorities say the couple checked out of their hotel but never made their flight, NBC reports. Late Tuesday, police in the Dominican Republic announced they believe the couple died in a car crash on the way to the airport.
A woman believed to be Ravenelle died several days after she was found unconscious and with traumatic injuries on the side of the highway on the day Ravenelle was due to return home, according to NBC.
Days later, a man who could be Moore was found in a car in the Caribbean Sea.
Officials are waiting for test results to identify the bodies.
- Hudson Valley Couple Vanishes on Vacation
- Firefighter With Hudson Valley Ties Killed in Afghanistan
- Hudson Valley Cop Hurt While Taking Knife Away From Student
- Police: Drunk Man Found in Hudson Valley With Kill List, Shotgun
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Not Wearing Seatbelt Killed in Crash
- Hudson Valley Teen Disappears After Going to Local Bar
- Filming Will Close Congested Hudson Valley Road During Rush Hour
- Skeletal Remains Found in Hudson Valley, Investigation Underway
- Police Raid 6 Hudson Valley Bars Looking For Underage Drinkers