Follow The Hudson Valley Peregrine Falcon
Want to have a zoom conference call on the Mid-Hudson Bridge with a falcon?
Okay, so it's not really a conference call, but you can follow a new Peregrine Falcon family on the Mid-Hudson Bridge in Poughkeepsie.
While it's not necessarily a new project, the first nest box on the bridge was for Project Soar back in the 80s, but a new falcon family is making themselves comfortable.
The webcam, which refreshes every 10 minutes, keeps a close eye on the birds and monitors their activity.
According to the DEC back in 2000 they purchased cameras and other equipment with funding from the Hudson River Estuary Program and Bridge Authority staff installed the equipment, they also say the "DOT helped with planning and provided some of the funding for the Mid-Hudson bridge camera network."
Follow our local Peregrine Falcons over on the Department of Environmental Conservation website.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash