Nominate Your Favorite Business for a Dutchess Tourism Award
Dutchess Tourism, Inc. (DTI) is calling for nominations for the 2023 Dutchess Tourism Awards of Distinction. New this year are the Newcomer, Event, Collaboration and the Storytelling Awards of Distinction to celebrate DTI’s 10th year of recognizing individuals, hotels, restaurants, attractions and experiences that are making significant contributions to Dutchess County as a vibrant destination in New York’s Hudson Valley.
Dutchess Tourism, Inc., the officially designated destination marketing organization for Dutchess County, is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of Destinations International. As a (c)(6) nonprofit organization, it works to bring tourism dollars to area businesses and the community by marketing and promoting the assets of Dutchess County to the nation and the world. The office is located at 3 Neptune Road in the Town of Poughkeepsie with 18 Tourist Information Centers located around Dutchess County.
Distinction Award Categories for the Dutchess Tourism Awards
Nominations are being accepted on the Dutchess Tourism website until July 10, 2023. Candidates can self-nominate or be nominated by a Dutchess County resident and cannot have been a past winner in the category.
Winners will be announced at DTI’s annual breakfast at The Henry A. Wallace Center at the FDR Presidential Library and Home on Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2023. The Dutchess County Executive’s Award for Overall Distinction will also be awarded, along with the Mary Kay Vrba Spirit Award. Tickets to the event will go on sale in September. Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event. Please contact Colleen Dorney at email@example.com for details.
This years award categories are:
- The Newcomer Award of Distinction highlights a tourism-related business or attraction located in Dutchess County that opened between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2022, that reflects an innovative approach and contributes to a “Storied Experience” for travelers coming to Dutchess.
- The Event Award of Distinction recognizes an annual event in Dutchess County that draws visitors from outside the region and brings tourism dollars to the county.
- The Collaboration Award of Distinction acknowledges two or more businesses in Dutchess County that have worked together to significantly drive tourism and strengthen their businesses.
- The winner of The Storytelling Award of Distinction should demonstrate a unique perspective and ability to connect with visitors with a distinct narrative.
- The Hospitality Service Award of Distinction honors an individual front-line customer service staff member who consistently provides exceptional service to visitors to Dutchess County to help them have an outstanding experience.
- The Accessible Hospitality Award of Distinction applauds a lodging property, restaurant, attraction or event that goes above and beyond standard Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance to create accessible, supportive, and inclusive environments for travelers of all abilities.
Dutchess Tourism President & CEO Melaine Rottkamp said,
“We are thrilled to celebrate our 10th year of recognizing hospitality professionals and tourism-related businesses and organizations who have created life-enriching experiences for our visitors. Whether it’s history, arts and culture, culinary experiences or outdoor adventures, Dutchess County offers an abundance of opportunities to create indelible memories. We look forward to seeing the continued growth and innovation in our tourism offerings and are encouraged by the signs of post-pandemic recovery of the visitor economy with $632 million in visitor spending in 2021.”
The website is DutchessTourism.com and they can be reached at 845-463-4000. Dutchess Tourism, Inc. is partially funded by monies received from the County of Dutchess.
Everyone Helps the Dutchess Economy
Everyone affects the Dutchess County visitor economy, whether you think you do or not. I spoke with President and CEO Melaine Rottkamp to talk about the economic impact of Dutchess County Tourism, plus their workforce training programs, such as their Certified Tourism Ambassador program. You can listen to the episode of In Touch below, and check out the full article here.