DCSPCA, Officials Investigating Dog Found In Plastic Bag In Poughkeepsie
A dog was found wrapped up under a tree in a local park.
Hudson Valley News Network reports that the Dutchess County Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty For Animals had an animal that suffered severe cruelty turned in by a bystander. The good samaritan saw the abused dog under a tree, wrapped in a towel, in a plastic bag, at King Street Park in Poughkeepsie.
The dog was taken to an animal hospital with severe wounds, according to the article. However, after every possible treatment was discussed, it was decided the dog needed to be humanely euthanized.
The article reports that an investigation is underway and the DSPCA is asking for help from the public to identify the dog. You can find a picture of the dog here.
If you know anything about this dog or the case, the article reports that you are asked to call 845-204-9598 with information.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash