Don’t Miss The Last Full Moon of the Decade on Wednesday
There's something about the way a full moon shines on snow that does something for the soul. We'll be lucky enough to experience that this week.
ABC7 NY is reporting that we will get the last full moon of the decade (dramatic, but true) on Wednesday, December 12th and 12:12am
This full moon is called the "Cold Moon" and it stems back from when Native Americans would track the calendar and recognize the " long, cold winter nights."
If you want the best visual, it's being suggested that you catch the moon as it rises low on the horizon. Scientist say that it will cause an optical allusion that will "make the moon look bigger than it really is, and the moon will shine brightly in areas with clear skies."
Enjoy the last full moon of the decade and get ready for the Geminid meteor shower which will happen over the weekend on December 13th and 14th.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash