Hudson Valley Fire Department Lets Dog off With a Warning
At some point or another, we have all been around when a fire alarm goes off. Here at the radio station, we have had them go off by themselves. A little spooky but that can happen.
In the case of the fire alarm going off at the Warwick Valley Humane Society, it was not a mystery how the alarm got pulled and fortunately, there was no fire. Rufus one of the residents at the facility managed to pull the alarm himself. The crazy part is that Rufus is a dog.
Dog Sets off Fire Alarm at Warwick Valley Humane Society
The Warwick, NY Fire Department shared on their Facebook page a picture of Rufus which explains it all. Rufus is a happy energic boy which you can see by his face.
According to the report he accidentally got too excited and the fire alarm got in the way.
Earlier this week, the same type of thing happened in a barn with a horse. In the case of Rufus, his excitement got the best of him and around 5:30 PM on Thursday, he accidentally activated one of the pull stations.
SEE ALSO: Horse Pulls Fire Alarn in New York Barn
Much like what happened to us at the station the fire department is required to check on the alarm so the Warwick, NY Fire Department arrived at the humane society to find Rufus ready to confess. I think some of his animal friends may have been pointing their noses at him as well.
The Crew at the fire department were relieved that everyone was okay when they arrived. They even were kind enough to let Rufus off with only a warning.