Does Avocado Belong in a Dessert?
It's no secret that I'm not going to be on the Food Network anytime soon, but I've been slowly trying to make progress with my kitchen skills.
I've been trying to stick with the easiest recipes and dessert is always a good way to start because it tells you step-by-step exactly what you need to do.
I was looking up recipes the other day and I'm having some mixed thoughts about this next one.This might just be me, but I can't picture a dessert that has a vegetable in it.
The recipe I found was for Avocado Truffles, you saw that right the word Avocado is in the name.
According to the Food Network here are the ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of dark or semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
Once you have everything together it's simple,
- Add the melted chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, and the avocado in a bowl. They recommend putting it in the fridge after for about 10 mins.
- Scoop the mixture to make a round shape and then roll it in the cocoa until it's covered.
- Repeat until all the mixture is gone.
Now this all seems good, but the avocado part is still throwing me.
Do you think avocado belongs in a dessert? Would you try it? Drop a comment below and let me know your thoughts on this.
Jess' Quarantine Baking Adventure