Crown Maple Syrup Holding Open House on Farm in March
I have not exactly made it a secret that I love Crown Maple Syrup, but I also love visiting them at Madava Farms in Dover Plains as well. While I was crushed when their tasting room and cafe closed so they could focus on their ever expanding business, I am thrilled to know that a few times a year I can trek out to the farm, spend some time their and stock up on my favorite products.
Yes, I can order it online, but I love actually getting it at the source. Crown Maple sent me an email to let me know that there was going to be one of those rare times that people can trek out to the farm and not only see how they make their maple syrup, but you can also experience the grounds as well.
No, the full cafe is not in operation, but Wafels & Dinges the waffle truck will be onsite cooking up waffles for purchase.
There are a few other places that will be represented during the Estate Open House as well, including (but not limited too):
- Angry Orchard will sample and sell various products including the Crown Maple Angry Orchard Maple Wooden Sleeper, a seasonal cider house crafted product featuring Crown Maple syrup aged with Angry Orchard hard cider in a bourbon barrel
- Prohibition Distillery will sample and sell their artisan portfolio of spirits including the Beaverkill Bourbon Maple Cream, an exciting new NY artisan crafted bourbon made with Crown Maple syrup and NY cream
- Slate Point Meadery will sample and sell their small batch crafted meads including Queen's Crown, an artisan product crafted with slowly carmelized honey and Crown Maple Dark Color maple syrup (March 22 and March 29 only)
- Horseshoe Hot Sauce Brand will sample their small-batch hot sauces including Maple Cayenne made with Crown Maple sugar and maple syrup (March 28 only)
The open house weekend will be held at Crown Maple Syrup, Madava Farms, 47 McCourt Road, Dover Plains, 12522 on Saturday March 21, Sunday March 22, 2020 10 AM to 4 PM and then again on Saturday March 28 and Sunday March 29, 2020, 10 AM to 4 PM.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America