Chiptole Has Nurses Who Check If Employees Are Really Sick and Not Just Hungover
After several high profile and embarrassing instances, restaurant chain Chiptole has taken extra steps to make sure their employees are safe, while attempting to regain trust from customers. Insider says the company has nurses employed who check on sick employees.
So, if you're thinking of taking off cause you're hungover, think again. CEO Brian Niccol said on a conference call:
We have nurses on call, so that if you say, 'Hey, I've been sick,' you get the call into the nurse. The nurse validates that it's not a hangover — you're really sick — and then we pay for the day off to get healthy again.
Chipotle's vice president of food safety; Kerry Bridges said:
When an employee reports serious symptoms to their manager, the clinical nurse team at Zero Hour Health will follow up with those employees to understand their illness.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash