Best Place to View the Fireworks in Poughkeepsie
The City of Poughkeepsie will host its annual Independence Day Fireworks Display on Thursday, July 4th.
The fireworks will begin shortly after dusk (approximately 9:20 pm). The best places to view the show are from Waryas Park (free), The Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum (tickets required), or the Walkway over the Hudson (tickets required).
The rain date for the fireworks display is Friday, July 5.
Parking is free in municipal parking lots beginning at 5 p.m. and in metered spaces after 6 p.m. Handicapped parking will be available at Waryas Park.
No Parking zones will be in place along North Water Street and in the lots of Waryas Park. John M. Flowers Circle at Waryas Park will be closed to vehicular traffic.
City of Poughkeepsie Mayor Rob Rolison said, "We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Fourth of July. There is no better place to celebrate the holiday than on the waterfront in Poughkeepsie. We hope to see you there!"
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2019
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash