Alligator Found In Poughkeepsie Park
Local authorities got a call they weren't expecting Monday, an alligator was found in Poughkeepsie's Waryas Park by some bushes. The Poughkeepsie Journal reports Officer Robert Haberski responded after a woman in the area spotted the reptile. He then brought the alligator back to the station where it was picked up by a local zoo operator.
While details are few at this time, could a local resident have dropped off a pet that was just getting too big to keep at home? Alligators and other exotic animals are illegal to own in New York State.
The Journal reports the final destination of the alligator is to be determined. For now, it is staying at Two By Two Zoo in Pleasant Valley. They reportedly get a call about this type of situation at least once a year.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash