A Taste of Summer Coming This Week to Connecticut
It's been a while since the temperatures got into the 80's, but this week it's a little sample of what's to come this summer.
You know the old saying, "some like it hot", well if you're one of those people, this is the week you waited all winter for. According to the National Weather Service, the local Connecticut forecast is calling for temperatures to surpass 80 degrees, therefore giving us some of the warmest temperatures so far this spring.
The two warmest days of the week should be on Wednesday and Thursday as temperatures are predicted to get into the low to mid 80's by then.
Of course, anytime it heats up with high pressure in control, there's always a slight chance of an afternoon shower or thundershower.
Even though the daytime highs will hover in the low 80's, the overnight lows will still get down to the low 50's throughout the week. That's just what happens this time of year, and with little cloud cover during the day, there's plenty of room for the warm daytime air to escape and give us that nighttime cooling trend.
Here's a detailed look at the local forecast for the week and heading into the weekend. Notice how many sunny warm days there are in the current forecast.
- Monday: Sunny with a chance of a scattered shower or thundershower in the afternoon with highs in the upper 70's
- Tuesday: Sunny with highs near 80.
- Wednesday: Sunny with temeratures climbing to the low to mid 80's.
- Thursday: Sunny with temps in the mid to upper 80's.
- Friday: Partly sunny with highs in the upper 70's.
- Saturday: Partly sunny with highs in the low 80's, there is a 30% chance of afternoon showers.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 80's.