Nor’easter Knocks Out Power For Thousands Of Local Residents
Friday's damaging Noreaster knocked out power for thousands of Hudson Valley residents. Central Hudson has been working around the clock to restore service to those who still remain without power. As of Saturday at 4 PM. 110,000 customers had service restored, while approximately 42,000 remained without power with 1,100 damage locations reported.
The heavy wet snow and high winds knocked down 80 poles and more than 1,000 power lines. Full restoration is expected to take several days, possibly as late as Wednesday for some. Here are the latest estimates for returned service.
- Orange County - Saturday night
- Southern Dutchess/Putnam Counties - Monday afternoon
- Northern Dutchess/Ulster/Greene - Wednesday afternoon
Crews from outside the area have rushed to the area to assist, including Hydro Quebec and New York Power Authority. Dry ice locations will be announced daily via the Central Hudson website.
There are warming centers available:
Warming centers are available in Greene County at the following locations. Residents are advised to call the Greene County Emergency Operations Center at 518-635-5115 for information:
- Ashland Fire House, 12096 Route 23, Ashland, New York 12407
- Tannersville Fire House, 21 Park Ln., Tannersville, New York 12485
- Leeds Fire House, 970 Route 23B, Leeds, New York 12451
- New Baltimore Fire House, 77 Gill Rd, New Baltimore, NY 12124
- Amenia Town Hall, 4988 Route 22, Amenia. Call Supervisor Victoria Perotti at (845) 235-2499 for information
- Dover Town Hall, 126 E Duncan Hill Road, Dover. Hours: 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Clinton Avenue United Methodist Church, 122 Clinton Avenue, Kingston; Hours: 7 p.m. - 7 a.m., Sunday night (March 4th) and Monday night (March 5th) for homeless adults, ages 18 and above
- Monticello Middle School, Breakey Avenue
- Liberty United Methodist Church, North Main Street
- Youngsville Firehouse, CR 149 (Shandelee Road)
- White Lake Firehouse, Route 17B
- Fallsburg Town Hall, Railroad Avenue, South Fallsburg
- Highland Town Hall, CR 32 (Proctor Road), Eldred
- Tusten Town Hall, Route 52 (Bridge Street), Narrowsburg
- Lighthouse Ministries, 23 Triangle Road, Liberty (opening 8 p.m.)
- Rock Hill Firehouse, CR 58 (Glen Wild Road)
- Heat, water and electricity are available at these locations. Some, but not all, might also have food and showers.