11-Year-Old Girl Hit By Car on Route 82
An 11-year-old girl from the Hudson Valley was hit by a man driving without a license while she crossing the street.
On Tuesday around 2:55 p.m., East Fishkill police responded to a car-pedestrian accident on Route 82 near Mavis Tires in Hopewell Junction. Arriving officers found an 11-year-old girl from New Windsor who was hit by a car. The driver of the car was also at the scene.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the 11-year-old was crossing the road when she was struck by the vehicle, a 2006 Toyota sedan, which was heading south on Route 82, police say. The unnamed girl was taken to Westchester Medical Center where she is being treated for undisclosed injuries.
The driver of the car was identified by police as 29-year-old Alberto Ramirez-Castro of Hopewell Junction. Ramirez-Castro's driving privileges were revoked and suspended from a prior alcohol-related conviction and failing to pay administrative fees, according to East Fishkill police.
He was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated unlicensed operation, both misdemeanors. He was released on his own recognizance pending his return to East Fishkill Court.
Route 82 was closed at the scene until about 5:45PM while officers conducted their investigation.
- 11-Year-Old Girl Hit By Car Crossing Street in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Could See Snow Twice This Weekend
- Popular Hudson Valley School ‘Permanently Closed’
- DEC: Exotic Animal Mounts and Skins Sold in the Hudson Valley
- What were 2 Oscar Winners Doing in the Hudson Valley?
- 3 Children, 2 Adults Dead in Easter Monday Fire in Hudson Valley
- Record-Breaking Deer Hunting Season in New York
- Elderly Hudson Valley Woman Killed in Crash
- Man Who Sexually Abused Kids Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Dutchess County Man Admits to Killing Woman
- Woman Found Dead in Hudson Valley Creek
- Child Killer Out of Hudson Valley Prison, Moves Near Daycare
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley