Toys ‘R’ Us Opens First New Location in Paramus
The first Toys "R" Us to open in the U.S. since the company filed for bankruptcy opened near the Hudson Valley.
The iconic toy store closed stores across the country in 2018 after filing for bankruptcy in 2017.
Tru Kids Brands purchased liquidated assets from the company in October 2018 and teamed up with B8ta to develop new stores, NJ.com reports.
Over the weekend, they opened up its first new U.S. retail location at the Westfield Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus.
The new store in New Jersey is about 6,000 square feet and according to CNBC will be staffed with toy experts who are trained to test toys with kids and their parents and help shoppers order items online they can't find in the store.
The new Toys "R" Us will feature around 1,500 toys for sale. Lego, Nintendo, Nerf and Paw Patrol have their own sections. There's also a treehouse in the middle of the store for kids to play, an in-store movie theater and a spot for programmed events and birthday parties.
Toys "R" Us plans to open eight more stores across the country by the end of next year, ABC reports.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed During Winter Storm
- 1 Hurt After Car Slams Into Police Car on Taconic During Storm
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Saw Over 2 Feet of Snow
- Toys 'R' Us Opens First New Location Just Outside Hudson Valley
- NY Family Forced to Sell Farm After 240 Years, 7 Generations
- Father Dead, 3 Others Injured in Head-On Crash in Dutchess County
- Man in Critical Condition After Shooting at Senior Housing