Police: Woman Drove Drunk In The Hudson Valley With Children
A woman is accused of driving drunk in the Hudson Valley with three children in the car.
On Friday April 21 around 1:20 p.m., the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office received a call reporting a suspicious vehicle stopped along Old Route 22 in Patterson.
Responding officers found a car that matched the description still on the side of the road. The driver, 45-year-old Sandra L. Diehl of New Fairfield, C.T., was found to be drunk with three teenage passengers, police say.
Diehl was charged driving while intoxicated, under Leandra’s Law, a felony, for DWI with a passenger under the age of 16.
The minors were turned over to other responsible adults and taken home.
Diehl was arraigned in Patterson Town Court and remanded to Putnam County Jail in lieu of $2,500 bail
If found guilty of the felony charge, Diehl faces up to four years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.
- Police Suspect Elderly Mahopac Woman’s Death Was Murder
- Poughkeepsie Man Charged With 2015 Mansion Street Murder
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Endangered the Welfare of Disabled Men
- Police Looking for Dutchess County Man Who Fled Before Jail Sentencing
- Orange County Cocaine Supplier Jailed
A fire that took the life a Hudson Valley father and son and local police saved two people who were suicidal tops this week in local news.