Police: Hudson Valley Woman Steals From Handicap Home
A Hudson Valley woman is accused of stealing a bag from Walmart that belonged to a local handicap home.
A Monticello woman was been arrested after she found a bank bag type pouch in a shopping cart at Walmart in Monticello and kept it.
On April 9, 2017 a local group home for handicapped people went to Walmart to purchase groceries. After the group finished shopping and loaded their car, they forgot a blue pouch in their shopping cart.
The bag contained a credit card, some coupons and money.
Michelle Dye, 64, of Monticello is accused of spotting the bag from the cart and taking it.
Through video surveillance and interviews, deputies were able to link Dye to the theft. Dye was arrested and charged with grand larceny, a felony.
The credit card, which was not recovered, wasn’t used because it required a PIN number, police say.
- 15 Year-Old Girl Killed Crossing Route 17
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Failed To Register As Sex Offender For 5 Years
- 10-Year-Old Hudson Valley Boy Overdoses on Marijuana
- Hudson Valley Football Star Gets NFL Tryout
- 12 Arrested Following Prostitution Sting In Orange County
- Hudson Valley Man Caught Placing ShopRite Items Down ‘Pants,’ Police Say
- Distinguished Ulster County K-9 Retires
35 were arrested for selling heroin, sex offenders moving to local motels and a deadly tick are in this week's Top 5 Hudson Valley news stories.