Police: Hudson Valley Man Stole From Local Church
A Hudson Valley man is accused of burglarizing a local church.
On Friday around 1:40 p.m., City of Beacon police officers responded to the area of East Main Street and Liberty Street.
A male suspect was being followed by a caller after the caller noticed the man allegedly burglarizing the Christ United Methodist Church located at 60 Union Street in Beacon.
The male suspect was located and identified as 25-year-old Shawn N. Davis Jr., of Beacon. Following an investigation, he was charged with burglary, tampering with physical evidence, third-degree criminal mischief, all felonies, and misdemeanors for fourth-degree criminal mischief, petty larceny and criminal possession of stolen property.
- Snow Will Likely Lead to Messy Evening Commute, Icy Morning
- SUNY New Paltz Hall of Famer Killed in Florida
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Hid in Hudson Valley, Police Say
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in New York City
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Trying to Help Crash Victim
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Stabbing
- Hudson Valley Dog Stolen From Owner's Car on Valentine's Day
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
- Outrage Grows For Hudson Valley Inmate's Sudden Death in Prison
- Reward Offered to Help Find Local Couple Accused of Killing Dogs