New York State Ranked As One of the Best For Police Officers
According to a recent study, New York is one of the top states for police officers.
National Police Week kicks off May, 13 this year, and the analysts at Wallethub compared the 50 states across many key metrics to determined 2018's Best & Worst States for Police Officers.
Wallethub set data ranges from median income for law-enforcement officers to police deaths per 1,000 officers to state and local police-protection expenses per capita.
New York was ranked as the 2nd best state to be a officer. Here's the breakdown.
Life & Work for Cops in New York:
- 5th - Law-Enforcement Officers per Capita
- 27th - Violent-Crime Rate
- 29th - % of Homicide Cases Solved
- 3rd - State & Local Police-Protection Expenses per Capita
- 26th - Police Deaths per 1,000 Officers
*Note: “Law-enforcement officers” includes police and sheriff’s patrol officers, detectives and criminal investigators.