Large Reward Offered Following Hit-And-Run in New Paltz
A large reward is now being offered in hopes of finding the driver responsible for fleeing after hitting someone walking in New Paltz.
New Paltz police is continuing their investigation into a car vs. pedestrian hit and run accident that happened in the early morning hours on May 7.
Around 4:30 a.m., a person was hit by a car near the Southside Apartment complex parking lot on Southside Avenue in the Village of New Paltz.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The victim has since been released from the hospital but is continuing medical treatment for injuries sustained from the accident, police say.
The victim and several witnesses were walking near the parking lot when a vehicle approached quickly from the rear of the complex. The victim was struck by the front driver side area of the car and knocked to the ground.
Witnesses tried to get the car to stop, but the car fled towards Water Street and Plains Road.
The vehicle is described as a dark colored sport utility vehicle. Anyone who may have information about this incident is asked to call the New Paltz Police Department at (845) 255- 1323.
The reward for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the offender has been raised to $10,000.00. All calls will be kept confidential.
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sexually Assaulted Child, More Victims Possible
- Marine Jailed For Sexual Abusing Sleeping Hudson Valley College Student
- Likely Road Rage Incident Leads to Local Woman Dragged By Car, Struck By Another
- 20 Violent Newburgh Gang Members, Drug Dealers Charged
- Second Dutchess County High School Senior Dies Following Rollover Crash
- Deer Crashes Into Car Windshield On I-84
The only police K-9 pit bull in the state comes from right here in the Hudson Valley. Meet, Kiah who’s fighting crime and stereotypes every day!