Is New York The Best State for Working Dads?
Compared to other states, how good is New York for working dads?
With Father's day this weekend, and the fact that 93 percent of dads with young children are working, Wallethub compared the 50 states and District of Columbia to determine 2018's Best & Worst States for Working Dads.
the states were compared across 20 key indicators of friendliness toward working dads. The data set ranges from average length of work day for males to child-care costs to share of men in good or better health.
New York was ranked as the 17th best state for working dads. Here's the breakdown:
Life as a Working Dad in New York:
- 10th - Male Life Expectancy
- 38th - % of Kids Younger than 18 with Dad Present Living in Poverty
- 37th - Unemployment Rate for Dads With Kids Younger Than 18
- 17th - Male Uninsured Rate
- 12th - Avg. Length of Work Day (in hours) for Males
- 39th - % of Physically Active Men
- 49th - Child Care Cost
- 1st - Daycare Quality
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie