Human Remains Found at Busy Hudson Valley Intersection, Elementary School
Human remains were found in the Hudson Valley near a very popular intersection and an elementary school.
On Wednesday around 10:15 a.m., Town of Poughkeepsie police found and recovered unidentified human remains in the area of the intersection of Route 44 and Route 55 in the Town of Poughkeepsie. The location is near the Arthur S. May School.
The Dutchess County Medical Examiner will conduct an autopsy on Thursday.
The name of the deceased will be released once the identity is confirmed and the family is notified, police say.
According to Town of Poughkeepsie police, there is no reason to believe the public is in any danger after the discovery of the human remains.
- Hudson Valley Man Gets 25 Years to Life in Prison, Again
- Book Written By Hudson Valley Author, With Former President to Become TV Series
- Warning: Poisonous Spiders Found In New York
- Hudson Valley Resident Grabs History
- Have You Seen This Missing Hudson Valley Teen?
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Drunk Fatal Hit-And-Run
- Owner of Popular Hudson Valley Gym Dies
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley