Hudson Valley YMCA receives $3.5 million Anonymous Donation
A Hudson Valley YMCA received $3.5 million in funding from an anonymous donor.
The YMCA in Kingston announced on Monday an unknown person from the Community Foundation of the Hudson Valley donated $3.5 million.
The money will go towards what officials describe as essential infrastructure repairs and critical upgrades.
"We are looking forward to unveiling an improved YMCA to our members and families, a YMCA spokesperson said in a press release. "We are immensely grateful for this donation."
The YMCA building located at 507 Broadway in Kingston was built in the late 1960s. It now includes an indoor swimming pool, track, multiple fitness rooms, a pulmonary room, free weights and childcare rooms.
GRO Development, LLC will assess the YMCA facilities to determine the best use of the donation. YMCA members and the community will also have the chance to offer their input, officials say. Officials will release full plans once they are developed.
- Foot of Snow Still Not Ruled Out For Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Longtime Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged With 26 Counts of Animal Cruelty
- Snow Possible This Week for Hudson Valley Before Weekend Snow
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- New York State May Soon Ban Plastic Bags
- 3 Charged In Mob-Controlled Sports Betting Ring In Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons