Hudson Valley Man Killed Outside Club, 1 Charged With Murder
After months on the run, a man turned himself in for allegedly killing a Hudson Valley man outside a local club.
On January 27, Noel McClinton was shot several times in front of the Exempt Fireman's Association club on Mansion Street in Poughkeepsie. McClinton, 35, from Poughkeepsie was pronounced dead at a hospital a short time after he was shot.
Following an investigation, police alleged 38-year-old Robert L. Whitaker was the killer. However, authorities couldn't find the alleged gunman and believed he fled to North Carolina.
Several attempts were made to arrest Whitaker in North Carolina without success, police say.
Last month, New York State Crime Stoppers, acting as a resource for the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department, offered a reward of up to $2,500 for information that would lead to the location, arrest and conviction of Whitaker.
The 38-year-old was also indicted by a Dutchess County grand jury on a murder charge and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
On Friday, Whitaker, armed with an attorney, turned himself into City of Poughkeepsie police headquarters. He was arraigned and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail without bail.
- Venomous Snake Found Near Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Sexually Abused Child
- Parts of I-84 Closed Down After Tractor-trailer Rollover, 2 Hurt
- Feds: Uber Driver Kidnaps, Fondles Hudson Valley Woman
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Really Did See Snow Last Weekend
- Multiple Hudson Valley Stores Closing, Many Likely Laid Off
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
- Shoppers at Popular Hudson Valley Retailer Exposed to Measles
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, College
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder, 25-Year-Old Found Dead