Flu Cases Continue to Rise Across New York
The number of flu cases is on the rise across the Hudson Valley and New York State.
According to the New York State Department of Health, there were 9,561 laboratory-confirmed influenza reports during the week ending Feb. 23, an increase of two percent from the previous week.
Influenza activity level was categorized as "geographically widespread" for the 11th straight week, officials say.
There were 188 reported flu cases in Orange County, 471 in Westchester County, 51 in Dutchess County, 35 in Ulster County, 31 in Putnam County and 30 in Sullivan County.
- Community 'Heartbroken' After 'Top' Cadet Dies at West Point
- Police Sergeant Accused of Making, Selling Guns in Hudson Valley
- 5 Hudson Valley School Districts Among 'Worst-graded' in New York
- Flu Continues To Rise Across New York
- 2 Hudson Valley Eateries Among Best Found 'Off The Beaten Path'
- 4 Hudson Valley Residents Arrested For Welfare Fraud