Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park
A father and his children enjoying Spring-like temperatures in the Hudson Valley stumbled upon a dead body in the woods.
Late Sunday morning a father was riding an off-road ATV with his children about a mile into the woods at Harriman State Park when he and his kids came across a dead man, according to Rockland Video.
An unattended ATV was found near the body, police say.
The man's name hasn't been released and his cause of death is unknown at this time. It's unclear how long the man was dead in the woods.
It took first responders about 3.5 hours to conduct an investigation and get the body out. The only access point for first responders to get to the body was behind 8 Regis Court in the Village of Montebello.
The body was released to the Rockland County medical examiner. New York State Police and New York State Park Police are investigating.
- Foot of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley After Record Heat
- 11 Hudson Valley Restaurants With 5 or More Critical Violations
- Cuomo Promises to Legalized Marijuana in New York This Year
- 'Beloved' Lower Hudson Valley Coach Killed in Home Fire
- Father, Kids Find Dead Body in Hudson Valley State Park
- Flu Numbers Continue to Skyrocket in New York