Ex-Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Setting Fire at Wife’s Job
A "loved" former teacher and Vietnam veteran who may have neo-Nazi ties is accused of setting a propane fuel tank on fire at his wife's job in the Hudson Valley.
Jacques A. Pluss, 65, of Kenoza Lake was recently charged with arson, a felony. He's accused of damaging a fuel tank line and then setting the leaking gas on fire at the Sunoco on Center Street in the Village of Jeffersonville.
Pluss was caught on video surveillance walking behind the building just prior to the incident, police say.
On Facebook, his wife said the alleged fire happened at her job. According to his wife, Pluss is a Vietnam veteran with a purple heart a was a beloved and "popular professor."
According to NJ.Com, Pluss taught at Fairleigh Dickinson University and had ties to neo-Nazi organizations.
- Venomous Snake Found Near Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Sexually Abused Child
- Parts of I-84 Closed Down After Tractor-trailer Rollover, 2 Hurt
- Feds: Uber Driver Kidnaps, Fondles Hudson Valley Woman
- Parts of the Hudson Valley Really Did See Snow Last Weekend
- Multiple Hudson Valley Stores Closing, Many Likely Laid Off
- Missing Hudson Valley Woman Found in Hudson River
- Shoppers at Popular Hudson Valley Retailer Exposed to Measles
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, College
- Hudson Valley Man Charged With Murder, 25-Year-Old Found Dead