Cops: Hudson Valley Postmaster Setup Recording Device in Bathroom
A postmaster from the Hudson Valley is accused of setting up a recording device in a bathroom.
On Monday, New York State Police from the Poughkeepsie barracks arrested Robert L. Simone, 57, of Poughkeepsie for unlawful surveillance in the 2nd degree, a class E felony.
An investigation determined Simone, while employed as postmaster of the Salt Point Post Office, installed an electronic recording device in the employee bathroom at the Post Office located on Cottage Street in the town of Pleasant Valley, police say.
Simone was arraigned before the town of Pleasant Valley Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 secure bond. Simone is next scheduled to appear before the Court on July 23.
- Hudson Valley Applebee's Closed For Good
- Bear Seen Outside Hudson Valley Church
- Local Man in Video that Alleged Police Brutality Pleads Guilty
- 2 Beloved Hudson Valley Restaurants Close Down
- Hudson Valley Woman Dies Swimming Near Home
- Teen Nearly Killed After Falling 35 Feet into Swimming Hole
- Hudson Valley Couple Accused of Hate Crime in Chili’s Parking Lot
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged in $7 Million Health Care Scheme