Award-Winning Hudson Valley Restaurant Completes Major Expansion
A popular award-winning restaurant is ready to showcase its major expansion.
In February, Hudson Valley Post broke the news that the owner of Liberty Street Bistro signed a lease to expand the restaurant on Liberty Street in Newburgh into the space that formerly housed Caffe Macchiato.
On Friday, Liberty Street Bistro is hosting a ribbon cutting ceremony to showcase its new bar and lounge.
"Celebrate the ribbon cutting at 5 p.m. with us and stay after to enjoy our new bar menu featuring dishes from Newburgh's own Chef Maggie Lloyd and cocktails and drinks from everyone's favorite liquid specialist, David Garrett," the restaurant said in a Facebook event.
Caffe Macchiato's owner declined to extend the lease and said on Facebook the business "simply become too much for me to handle alone anymore," when posting about the cafe's closing.
Liberty Street Bistro owner Michael Kelly grew up in Cornwall and later attended the Culinary Institute of America in Dutchess County. After graduating from the CIA, Kelly worked at some prestigious kitchens in New York City, including Thomas Keller's Bouchon Bakery and Gordon Ramsay's Gordon Ramsay at the London Hotel, according to the restaurant's website.
Kelly opened up Liberty Street Bistro in 2016 bringing French-influenced cuisine to Newburgh, just past Washington's Headquarters.
- Eatery With '#1 Cheesesteak in The World' Coming to Hudson Valley
- Award-Winning Hudson Valley Restaurant Completes Major Expansion
- Deal Saves 950 Jobs in Hudson Valley, Will Create 150 More
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused Of Stealing Over $13,500 From Scouts
- People Are Moving Out of Hudson Valley At Alarming Rates
- The Hudson Valley is Home to the Best Pizza Place in 'Upstate NY'
- New 'Luxury' Movie Theater Opens in Hudson Valley
- You Can Help a Hudson Valley WWII Veteran Celebrate Turning 100
- Officials Assume Measles Will Continue to Spread in Hudson Valley